Wednesday 13 April 2011

Tutorial Four: Making Videos!


Tutorial four required us to make our own silent film. Two of my flatmates are studying film and TV and are both extremely talented camera men and editors, so the opportunity to have a wee go myself was pretty exciting! The given theme was "Overcoming Adversity". We had a very limited time frame to both film and edit the movie, as my group all missed the first film tutorial and had the 1 and a half hour catch up session to do just that. What a good effort!!

Before filming, we did a very rough story board. Following Mike's expert advice, we started with an establishing shot and then zoomed in a bit closer. We could have done a few more close ups in retrospect to show variation in the shots and demonstrate our pro creative ability. Never mind. It was definitely good to start off with an idea of what we were going to be producing and how the shots were going to follow on, as it meant we didn't get a whole host of random shots which had to be edited out.

Our group worked together extremely well as a team, which was very cool. Editing was lots of fun, I almost had an identity crisis and thought maybe I wasn't in the right field. Then I remembered I don't really like computers... it was a good experience anyway =)

No comments:

Post a Comment